This course has been designed to give Maze users an understanding of how to get more out of their database. To do this you require a good understanding of how the information is stored and how best to retrieve that information using the SQL (Structured Query Language).
On completing this course, participants should be able to:
- Use Query Builder to generate SQL statements
- Minimize search results in SQL
- Group and organise search results in SQL
- Total, subtotal, count records and values in SQL
- Manipulate data results using functions like: aggregate functions, date and time functions;
- Use mathematical functions and Case statements
The content of this course assumes that the participant has an advanced knowledge of using Maze and a basic understanding of SQL.
Prerequisite: Prior to this taking this course, the participant must have previously attended Data Retrieval – Worksheet and Quicklists