Maze is a complete, fully customisable School Management System ideal for schools of all sizes. Schools choose Maze because it assists them in efficiently managing all back office processes in one integrated system.
Maze provides access to appropriate information and functions to all members of your school community, including school administrators, school leaders, academic staff and parents.
It provides a user-friendly, technologically advanced solution to integrating the school processes of financial management, enrolments, enquiries, student management, student behaviour, timetabling, VET and academic reporting.
Comprehensive and feature rich, Maze 9, the latest version of Maze offers the following:
- Dynamic graphical menu interface based on processes
- Secure operating environment for each ‘role’ in the school
- Ability to launch other applications such as Microsoft Word, Outlook and Publisher from the Maze menu
- Customisable graphics such as school logos and pictures in screens and reports
- Screens, menus and workflows can be adapted and changed to individual site requirements
- Flexible report writer enables reports to be customised for individual site requirements
- Designed to integrate with and support our web-based product, eMaze
- The public access functionality makes it possible to mail-merge directly to Microsoft Word then email letters to parents
- The ability to support SMS messaging to contacts with mobile phone numbers
- BPay links to banking software, complete GST compliance and much more…
Maze is a modular school management system, consolidated in the following components, simplifying the implementation process and improving integration within the product. Additional components can be added into the central system, making the vision of a school-wide information solution a reality.
Maze 9 introduces exciting new enhancements that bring new life to using Maze. With improved navigation and a modern look and feel, we believe you will appreciate the changes!
User Interface Enhancements
- Streamlined user interface and enhanced graphics lead to a productive user experience
- Faster, easier and more intuitive navigation with restructured, updated menus
- Search facility has been significantly enhanced, enabling users to search using multiple fields on any display
- screen and then easily work with the set of records returned
Recently Used Formats
- A list of Recently used formats will be available to each user each time they log onto Maze, bringing frequently used functions to your fingertips
- Mandatory fields in displays, batches and quicktabs are highlighted during data entry, rather than when the record is saved, allowing for smooth and efficient data entry
- Customise the look of Maze and easily differentiate the different databases your school has (such as an End of Year Archive copy)
- Users now have the option to verify a single format without verifying all data linked formats in the context menu. This is particuarly useful for developers, making it a faster, simpler process
- Database and system properties have been overhauled to make it easier to find and maintain database settings
- Schema functionality has been enhanced to include the ability to include views rather than having to use the previous View Manager
- SMS messages can now be sent to any contact or set of contacts in Maze that have mobile phone numbers. This can be configured to send SMS messages after roll-call to the parents of children marked as unauthorised absences
- It can also send SMS’s to individuals or any set of people returned as the result of a search
- This works by either linking up a mobile phone or SMS modem to send the messages or by signing up with MessageMedia, and SMS messaging provider that provides it service through the internet.
I take great pleasure in providing you with a testimonial based on our experiences with Maze and Civica Education.
When I arrived in Aranmore Catholic Collge in 1988, Maze version 4 was the software used by the College for a number of procedures including Financial Records, Student and Family Records and Timetabling. Over the years Maze grew to include more modules and became more flexible. When CAZ Computer Services sold the software to then RM Asia Pacific, I was anxious that the sale of a local product to a relatively large International Company would mean the loss of our opportunity to have input into enhancements to Maze.
The anxiety has proved to be totally unfounded and to my great pleasure, RM Asia Pacific now Civica Education have done everything better than it was done before. Not only are enhancements to the product coming at a much greater rate, but they are also much more stable than they used to be. These enhancements have come from RM Education listening to users and immediately commencing work on them. Maze has become a flexible reliable and highly customizable product.
All software is only as good as its back-up support. Civica Education has recognised this and greatly improved the quality of service and support to match the excellent software that Maze has become.
The reason Civica Education has made Maze into an outstanding product, is because they have made the customer the focus of their product development and I am pleased to be able to say they are our ‘Trusted Administration Partner’.
Ray Mason, Bursar – Aranmore Catholic College, Leederville WA
Please find current Maze system requirements here: Maze System Requirements