Are you looking for our UK site?
Civica Education Suite
We supply enterprise software systems to more than 3,500 schools in Australia and we’ve been talking to state governments, religious education offices and independent schools to understand what next?
We know that these organisations are complicated, and that they manage a plethora of business and learning processes which produce huge amounts of data.
Our customers also told us that there are more people, with more devices, accessing the tools and information in their IT systems every day.
Each organisation we spoke to was aiming to meet these demands, but at the same time wanted to simplify the end user experience, and wanted to present, staff, students and parents with easy access to the tools and information relevant to them.
We realised that it’s time for a rethink of school information management.
The solution is the Civica Education Suite – which is a next generation modular, web based and integrated edusystem.
What does it do?
We have come to the conclusion that education establishments need an enterprise wide system which:
- Shares data with other systems
- Provisions accounts with a rich set of identity information
- Provides a core, single identity for each user with roles & schools* attached to the identity as attributes
- Use a standards based approach to allow single sign on to other applications
- Allows teachers to search all knowledge depositaries (i.e. Scootle, their Learning Management System, subscription sites like Mathletics) and report results back in a single place
What is the Civica Education Suite?
Our solution is the Civica Education Suite. A single, yet interchangeable edusystem that features:
- A single Portal for user access (iGloo – Available Now)
- A single Analytics and Reporting tool to report across any, or all applications (CE Analytics – Available Now)
- A set of tools that allow teachers to easily manage day-to-day processes (CE Student Care – Available Now)
- A interchangeable set of tools – both Civica owned and third party, to deal with all business and educational processes (Maze – Available Now)
- An intuitive and powerful web based school management system (iWise – Available Now)
- An award winning learning management system (FrogLearn – Available Now)
- Integration of proprietary, open source or free learning software packages such as Microsoft Office 365 and Google Apps for Education. (Civica Consultancy Services – Available Now)
All of these components share a core set of identity data from a Central Data Store and the Central Person Store to allow for cross application data sharing, single sign on and identity management.
Please contact us now to find out how the Civica Education Suite can support your schools productivity and success. Contact us for more information.
Client Computer Requirements:
CES is a web-based system that can be accessed by:
- Firefox 17 and higher
- Google Chrome 23 and higher
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- Processor: 2GHz or faster (x86 processor)
- Memory: 4GB
- Available Disk Space: 60GB
- Operating System: Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012
All of the following will also be needed:
- Internet Information Services 7.5 (optionally with SSL) or higher
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.5
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.0
- Microsoft .Net Framework 3.5 SP1
Database (one of the following)
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012
We recommend that the database server is separate to the webserver. Please note that these requirements are suited to single site installations. If you are intending to host multiple schools, please contact us to discuss your specific situation.
* In a multi school deployment